Q+A with Meghan Alonso | Life with Peanut | WCW

Meghan is the talented mama behind Life with Peanut. She was inspired to create art for her home after her daughter was born and now has a wide range of printables for home and nursery. From there she has also branched out into the world of logos and branding as well. Keep reading to find out more about this creative boss lady!


Q. My hometown is...
A. I never know how to answer this question because we moved so much when I was a kid. Born in Burlington County, New Jersey. Lived in Everett, Washington (where I consider being raised since I remember it the most). And now have lived in and around Miami for the last 20 years.

What inspires you?
my daughter.


@lifewithpeanut

What's your creative process like?
When I got pregnant, I had no idea how I wanted to decorate my daughter's room. Did I want a theme? What colors? So now when I want to create new art prints, I think of a new theme I could have decorated her room and start thinking of prints I would have wanted to hang if we had gone with that theme.

What's your business all about?
Making your house your home. I sell art prints for any space –home, office and especially nursery. Though we are expanding our product line this summer, home decor will always be the base of our shop.


@lifewithpeanut
When and how did you start your business?
My sister actually talked me into it. She owns her own shop and thought maybe we could go into business together. When we realized that it wasn't feasible, I decided I could do it on my own.

What were the biggest challenges you had to overcome to get to where you are today?
Understanding that if I wanted to do this, I needed to make this a job and not a hobby. As a hobby, I was just throwing things up in my shop with no vision. Now, a year later, I know where I want this shop to go and have my business plan laid out.


@lifewithpeanut
The thing that surprised me most was...
how amazing the small business world is. I have met so many moms in the same position as me. You would think everyone would be after each other so they could get ahead, but instead, everyone is willing to help each other out. I've even become great friends with other shops that sell art prints.

I'm most grateful for...
the support my husband gives me. He keeps telling me to get this business going more and more so he can quit his job and stay home. (lol)


@lifewithpeanut
My advice for anyone thinking of making and selling is...
to make some decisions before you start selling. Think of where you want the shop to be in six months, a year, five years. I didn't do this and I wasted a lot of money trying to find myself.

Is there anything you would do differently if you had to start over today?
Besides writing up a plan at the beginning instead of jumping right in, no. It was all a great learning experience for me.


@lifewithpeanut
My favorite colors are... blue, gray and black (boring!).

The song that's stuck in my head lately is...
"I'm going on a trip in my favorite rocket ship..." oh, the life of a mom.

Currently streaming...
Better Call Saul

My favorite sip-able treat is...
Diet Coke


@lifewithpeanut
If I could pick a super power it would be...
Fly. I used to have dreams when I was a kid that I could fly.

The actress that would play me in the movie of my life would be...
This is a question that was actually from my bridal shower game and I didn't know how to answer it...still don't. So I'll use the overwhelming answer from that day, Sandra Bullock.

My favorite childhood toy was...
a puzzle of the United States. My sisters and I used to time each other to see who could put it together the fastest (nerds).

If I had the whole day to myself I would...
probably work. But I would want to relax, lay by the pool, catch up on some TV, sleep.


@lifewithpeanut
Best quote ever...
Don't tell people your dreams, show them!

Best book ever...
Jane Eyre. I've loved that book since high school.

Best movie ever...
Pretty Woman

My Woman crushes are:
I don't really have any. I don't watch TV or movies much, and I'm so not into reading magazines or watching reality TV. Maybe Jennifer Garner; she seems pretty down to earth. Oh, and I love me some Ellen DeGeneres!

Follow me at:
Website: www.lifewithpeanut.com
Etsy: lifewithpeanut.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/lifewithpeanut
Instagram: www.instagram.com/lifewithpeanut
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/lifewithpeanut
Twitter: www.twitter/com/lifewpeanut

EXCLUSIVE LIFE WITH PEANUT OFFER
SAVE 20% WITH: TAMARA20 (valid from 7/15 through 7/22)


0 comments:

Post a Comment